Data Protection (GDPR) Practitioner Certificate
The Data Protection (GDPR) Practitioner Certificate is a 5-day training programme for Data Protection Officers, Data Protection Managers, Compliance Managers or anyone with a responsibility for Data Protection.
It is an internationally recognised qualification, endorsed by TQUK, which is regulated by Ofqual, a UK Government department. It equips current and aspiring data protection officers and data protection managers with knowledge and skills to undertake data protection compliance activities throughout an organisation. It is a valuable course for anybody with data protection compliance responsibilities.
The course is offered over 5 days in 3 consecutive weeks: usually Tuesday, Thursday, Tuesday, Thursday, Tuesday. We've found that this enables attendees to fit their work commitments around the course. It also gives you time to review, learn and question the course material.
This course can be tailored and delivered privately to your team
Request a Quote (please specify preferred dates and expected number of delegates).
To request new dates, arrange a meeting to identify your goals, or find out more details about the training Message @Tim directly
The course is delivered live, online, using Zoom.
Attendees will learn to:
- Understand the importance of data protection legislation and compliance in the UK
- Interpret key terminology of the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) in a practical context
- Understand the key obligations of the UK GDPR and DPA
- Create policies and procedures necessary for data protection compliance and accountability
- Carry out a data protection audit and gap analysis
- Develop an action plan to address a data protection gap analysis
- Respond appropriately to data protection issues arising in an organisation
- Carry out the duties of a data protection officer
- Understand the data protection requirements relating to direct marketing
- Be aware of current developments in data protection
The course will comprise of lectures, discussion and practical exercises. The exam will comprise of MCQ. The course content has been assessed as RQF Level Equivalent = 5 and is endorsed by TQUK Ltd.
*TQUK is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).