Data Protection & Direct Marketing
Everyone seems to be confused about the data protection requirements for direct marketing, which includes much of the fundraising carried out by charities. Hear about the impact of the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) on this activity. Yes, you can do it … but you’ve got to do it right.
This is a half day course which covers the data protection issues around direct marketing. There is a great deal of confusion around this and the course clearly explains what you can and can’t do, taking account of the ICO’s guidance.
- is endorsed by TQUK, who are regulated by Ofqual. In order to obtain the certificate attendees need to pass a short multiple choice test at the end of the course. You can take the course without the assessment lasts three and a half hours
- can be taken sitting at your desk (or anywhere you can connect to the Internet) – no travelling needed.
- is limited to a maximum of 12 attendees
- allows questions to be asked
- assumes some knowledge of data protection
- uses the ‘Zoom’ platform
- includes assessment and certificate
Topics covered include:
- Relevant legislation and scope
- Data Protection Principles and Legal Bases relating to direct marketing
- Relevant definitions
- When, how and to whom can you market?
- Complying with data subject rights
- What are the risks?
- The course takes account of the ICO’s guidance on direct marketing.
The course will enable attendees to:
- Be aware of the importance of data protection legislation and the GDPR for direct marketing
- Understand the key obligations of the GDPR and PECR
- Understand when and how direct marketing can be implemented within their organisation
- Assist with policies and procedures required for data protection compliance, GDPR and PECR accountability
- Understand the regulatory risks associated with direct marketing
There are currently no scheduled dates for this course.
Request a new date. Specify preferred dates in message. No payment required.
This course can be tailored and delivered privately to your team
Request a Quote (please specify preferred dates and expected number of delegates).
Message @Tim directly for more information, or to arrange a meeting to identify your goals.