This course is designed and provided by Vincenzo Marchese.
Vincenzo has over 20 years’ experience in IT, holds a MSc in Informatics from the University of Pisa, a MBA from University of Warwick, and has led the initiative for Responsible AI in a global Financial Services firm. See profile for details.
Price includes VAT.
- Sept 6 Fully Booked
- Oct 12 Fully Booked
- Nov 16 Fully Booked
[Contact Vincenzo for new dates in 2022]
The consensus view is that Artificial Intelligence (AI) will transform all industries; but is that true?
Demystifying and understanding this new, disruptive technology is a must-have skill for all professional, in all sectors.
This one-day classroom-based course provides you with a core understanding of AI. You will gain insights into business applications, and build the skills needed to identify and evaluate an AI opportunity. You will also gain a broad understanding of the key risks and barriers to adoption. Finally, you will review industry leading practices and implementable frameworks to instantiate responsible AI.
What you will gain
- A high-level intuitive understanding (not the actual maths!) of what is under the hood, so that you can distinguish the hype from reality.
- A basic understand of learning approaches (Supervised, Unsupervised, Reinforcement, Evolutionary, etc.), and matching each to the types of problems it can help solving technologies behind AI (Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, etc.)
- Become up to speed with basic concepts and key terms, enabling you to have meaningful conversations with experts
- An understanding of the “big picture” of the business opportunity and risk of AI
- Knowledge of some real use cases, both in terms of horizontal capabilities and specialised vertical solutions
- A broad appreciation of the limitations, ethical concerns, legal obligations and business risks of AI Systems
- An understanding of the essential components of a framework for Responsible AI
Why should you attend this course
For organisations, lack of knowledge is a key barrier to successful and responsible adoption. Lack of knowledge is also a barrier to your personal professional advancement.
This programme is for you, if you want to:
- Develop a solid and demystified understanding of the technology: its history, functionality and potential, as well as its limitations.
- Explore the opportunities for applying AI in your organisation and develop a business case for its responsible adoption.
There are no prerequisites for our course
- Business & technology leaders, looking to understand business opportunities and risks of AI, and aiming to bridge the gap between business and technology.
- Leaders & managers who want know whether / how AI is relevant to their business, and steer AI efforts;
- IT Architects & Portfolio/Programme Managers who want to know how to initiate and scope AI projects, and lead teams;
- Strategists & innovators who want to drive competitive advantage in their organisation;
- Data Officers and Compliance Officers who want to understand the implication to protection of personal data and other regulations
What to Expect
- Basic theoretical foundation on the fields of AI and Machine Learning
- Basic concepts and key terms, enabling you to have meaningful conversations with experts
- A broad review of the business and societal opportunity of successful and responsible AI
- A broad review of business risks and ethical concerns related to AI, and how to best mitigate them in your organisation
- Foundations of the entire AI Lifecycle: from strategy to implementation, enabling you to set up and lead AI initiative(s).
- The course is about state of the art AI, and does not meaningfully cover topics such as super intelligence or singularity. In-depth mathematics and ML coding are not covered, and are not a pre-requisite.
How will you learn
Structured classroom lectures, supported by group discussions and activities