Accounting and Finance for IT professionals
This course is provided by Nakulan Tharmalingam, founder of NT Business Consulting and Training, and is delivered over a half-day session
Nakulan is a Finance Transformation Consultant and has worked with a major Multi National company with Specialties: Auditing, Finance, Financial Accounting, Treasury, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Reconciliation, Fixed Asset and Project accounting, Solution development, F&A Training, Fraud risk assessment, Capital Budgeting and Process streamlining. See profile for details
This course presents an introduction to the basics of financial accounting and finance for IT professionals. The course will focus on understanding the most important financial statements, namely, the balance sheet, the income statement, and the statement of cash flows. We will then focus on how we can understand the financial health and performance of the company by examining a number of important financial ratios that are derived from the financial statements of the company. Financial statement analysis (or financial analysis) is the process of reviewing and analyzing a company's financial statements to make better economic decisions.
Concept of time value of money, discounting cash flows, and capital budget. The course will also introduce the idea of real options, how they affect a project’s NPV, and their impact of the decision to accept/reject a project. Lectures on concepts will be supplemented with numerical examples.
After completing the program, you will be better able to communicate the financial goals and performances of your department within your organization as well as to outside sources.
What you'll learn
• Enhance your financial literacy & financial vocabulary for business & work
• Understanding the basics principles of accounting and fundamentals of finance and accounting
• Get a basic understanding for Financial Statements
• Understand the various components of Financial Statements
• Be able to Interpret financial statements of a company
• Working Capital Management
• Enhance your ability to forecast financial performance and better manage your financial resources.
• Increase your effectiveness in strategic planning and decision making.
• Financial Analysis of Capital Investments and Strategic Initiatives
• Basic Accounting Principles
• Basics of Financial Statements
• Financial Statement Analysis
• Capital Budgeting